Planning a first birthday party for your little one? Here are some ideas and helpful tips for a fun and hassle-free party!
SUPER- cute party favors for baby's first birthday party from: Kroma Design Studio
There are many different options to choose from and many different things to consider in doing so.
- First, and most important, you will want to plan the party around naptime. You and the guest of honor will be much happier in doing this.
- Next, you will want to evaluate what kind of party to have, ie: indoor, outdoor, etc..- You will want to have plenty of room for the high chair to be set up and for tables and chairs....
Make sure to create a backdrop for the high chair (hang fabric on wall behind, or just streamers and balloons) and even decorate the high chair itself. You will be taking many pics of this and you want it to look great! We found some great accessories at Birthday Express.
- Have a camera and/or a video camera charged and ready to catch all of those precious memories on film...granted, your child may not really remember this special day, but will love to see the photos later.
- There are pros and cons to inviting a big group of family and friends to a 1st birthday party ~ but if you have the room, I say 'the more the merrier' ~ There are those who would disagree, that the baby would be overwhelmed.. but just use your own judgement.~
- As far as typical child parties having games and prizes.. We agree that that is not really necessary. There will be enough entertainment just seeing the guest of honor taking it all in!
- As far as food is concerned, The easier the better.. it's hard enough to clean, decorate, shop, wrap gifts, and care for a 12 month old baby! We suggest crockpot food, such as, meatballs, etc., or subs or pizzas ordered in and cans of soda and bottled water.
Don't forget the "smash cake" for your little one to enjoy all on his/her own! These cute ones are from https://www.facebook.com/JennifersEdibleCreations
- and last and most important~ set up reinforcements for the day (someone to cut the cake, prepare the food, help care for the baby, set up, take down, video tape. take pictures, etc..)~you will need all the help you can get!
For more tips and party supplies, visit us at www.itsapartyfullife.com/first_birthdays