Tips for a fun graduation open house:
- Make a scrapbook for the graduate. Start the book with baby pictures and all through school, with photos of friends and family, as well as, sports, awards, and activities. On the last pages, include what the graduate's aspirations and college plans are. Display on the gift table for all to enjoy.
- Videotape the party! They will have a keepsake to treasure and to share with others later.
- Decorate a box with an opening for cards for guests to put cards for the graduate.
- Hire a fortune teller or caricature artist for a unique and fun activity.
- Ask a friend or family member to take candid photos during the party. Then -- add pages to your scrapbook later with photos from the party!
- Set up volleyball, or croquet for all to play.
- Set a child's mini pool on top of a table and fill with ice. Place bowls of salads on top of ice to keep cool throughout the party.