Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Class Reunion Centerpiece Ideas

Just had my 20th class reunion. SO fun! I was asked for ideas for reunion centerpieces and this is what I came up with:



They were easy and inexpensive and everyone commented on how fun it was to see the old photos and look for people!
You need:
4" terra cotta pot
craft paint
decoupage glue
foam brushes
scan and print old photos
scissors
ribbon
glue gun and sticks
newspaper to protect painting surface
You can also clear coat the pot with lacquer.

1.) Paint pots inside and out. Allow to dry, (may take 2-3 coats)
2.) cut out printed photos. Using foam brush, spread a small amount of decoupage glue. Place on pot. Do this until pot has enough photos on it.
3.) Seal with lacquer using another foam brush. Allow to dry.
4.) adhere ribbon around top of pot using glue gun.

We put white pillar candles in some and gerber daisies in others... it turned out really cute and cost about $3.00 per pot.
You can use this same idea for a graduation open house, baby shower, family reunion, etc..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is so cute! I think I will do this for my class reunion this summer!